1½ cups all-purpose flour
½ cup granulated organic sugar
½ tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
¼ cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
1 large egg
¾ cup low-fat milk
½ tsp vanilla extract
½ cup sweetened shredded coconut
1 cup blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with paper liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, granulated sugar, salt and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the melted coconut oil, egg, milk and vanilla extract until combined. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Gently fold with a rubber spatula. The batter will be thick.
- Add the shredded coconut and blueberries. Gently fold into the batter.
- Divide the batter between the prepared muffin cups. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Transfer the muffins to a wire cooling rack and allow to cool completely.